Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ali the Artist

We hear "color!" a lot lately. Aliyah is really enjoying her artistic side. Coloring has even recently been chosen over reading! Wo.
Her current enthusiasm might have something to do with getting some new crayons. Somehow she always reaches for the few new ones I added to the box; because they're sharp, just new, different colors? Now granted, a toddler doesn't need a deluxe box of 64, but I must say I was happy to splurge when I found a box of 16 washable Crayolas! Yep, all those cool in-between colors (& pink of course!). Thankfully Ali doesn't give me need to wash them off anything, but it's nice to know all the same.
If you click here, you can see a fun little gallery of Aliyah's art from her beginning, her first birthday, plus a few other fun shots of course. I find the progression of her "works" fascinating: dots, to wide back & forth scribbles, to more focused coloring over our drawings (which is still much enjoyed, I think it's a "Look what I contributed!" thing), to beginning swoops, loops, and eventually circles of varying sizes & shapes now at just 17 months. From a mom's point of view this is very cool & exciting stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home