Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!


My gift to Ali this year was a nice long session of snow play. Aliyah loves the snow. I'm content to enjoy it from inside a warm house. But mothers must make these sacrifices, yes?
So yesterday I let my little sweetie play till her heart's content. It was fun to see how much fun she had just tromping & tromping through what was often Ali-knee deep snow.
When I got a bit tired & cold I asked if she was ready to come inside and get warm. She said, "No. No, no, no." I confess I laughed. I had a feeling she might want to play a bit longer than my preference, but I didn't expect her to express this so clearly. Although maybe at 100 words now, she doesn't use the word "no" in a negative way yet.
It used to just mean "snow" but lately she's used it in mimicking a part of one of her favorite books. It's actually really cute; we'll find her off reading by herself and reciting this very clear, not saucy, more in a "Can you believe it?" tone, "No. No, no, no" (though there's just one 'no' in the book...?) and then makes a big kissing sound. (The book is explaining that dinosaurs don't do naughty things getting ready for bed, but instead give a big kiss, etc.)
Anyway, I'm sure it's not the last "no" I'll hear from her, but I must say, I'm going to relish these sweet versions for now.
Click here for more photos of snow play & a blast from Ali's valentine's past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home