Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wish you had the soundtrack

Ali has many precious qualities. Her love for music and all the creative fun that goes with it ranks among my favorites. Here she is joining the little friends she set up for a cozy nap. I'm not sure if this was going to lead into My Favorite Things or not. That's usually what she's up to on our bed. (More pictures temporarily stuck on other computer. Sigh.)
So Ali's into many things these days, but here's a few notes on her continued love with The Sound of Music. Her most recent favorite song has been, "I Am Sixteen Going on Seventeen." I kid you not. I think our friend Miss Lucie can be "blamed" for that, but I must admit it's pretty cute. She likes to sing, "I need someone older and wiser, telling me what to do," over and over. She knows a handful of other sections including "fellows I meet may tell me I'm sweet and willingly (sung with flair equal to Liesel) I believe." She still loves "So Long Farewell" and can be found going around the house, gently calling your attention, "The children of Captain VonTrapp wish to say goodnight to you." She loves to wear "party dresses" just like "the Captain's children." And I love the way she joyfully twirls about "I'm spinning like Fraulein Maria!" And it would melt your heart to hear her sing, "The hills are alive..." Somehow it comes off so sober and passionate at the same time. Adorable for a two year old.
Indeed, Ali brings much much joy (and entertainment) to our home. Oh! And she's learning to curtsy! She's working hard on it, and is so proud of her growing skill. Talk about entertainment!
Well, tonight she was displaying probably my favorite quality (also seen in the picture above) of her absolutely beautiful sweet and tender affection. She was tucking in a little lamb friend into her dollhouse and somehow noticed another friend that apparently needed a little attention and special goodnight love. She oh so tenderly tucked and kissed the little friend. I sat there beaming with Theo and told her how much I appreciated her sweet sweet love. She immediately started to sing, "This little light of mine." I was at first surprised, but quickly saw the appropriateness. Yes, I hope and pray her little light will continue to shine brightly. It certainly lights up this mama's day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home