Saturday, February 21, 2009

What Ali says.

Our 2 1/2 year old this February:
* Aliyah, what kind of lunch would you like? "A snack lunch." (That's Daddy's girl!)
* What's up? "Someone's in my mouth" Oh really? "It might be a chocolate candy in there." Where did you find that? "I think in Disneyland."
* "I like this song, it's so happy Jesus."
* In response to my silly dramatic Karoke singing with "The Sound of Music", "Just like Jesus heart!"
*After doing something especially kind or helpful, "I want an m&m." I said, "No, but I'll give you a big kiss & a hug," and proceeded to do so. "I want you to eat me up like an m&m."
* Upon planning for treats on Valentine's Day, "What color frosting do you think we should use?" Ali thinking..., then exuberantly, "BLACK!" (Kids and their passionate zeal for bold/dark colors. Ugh.)
* Dropped open mouth and actually trembling, "Yes! Princesses!" seeing stickers in a Valentine's box from Grandma.
* "Praise the Lord!" randomly (?) proclaimed in Joann's fabric store.
* "I'm going to have carpet time with my friends now." (Hopefully fun pics to follow, I should really jot down conversations from these circle times as well).
* With a sweet face and furrowed little brow, "I'm a little bit cold in here. Will you please turn up the heat for me?" (Little does she know heat costs more here than it did in our huge house in South Bend heated by the 1947 furnace.)
* If you didn't know, Ali & Theo share a room. Usually they put up with each other great. Particularly Theo with Ali's ramblings and songs for up to an hour before she finally winds down & goes to sleep; but this night upon Theo crying (which is odd at the beginning of the night), Ali hollered, "Help!" Andy enters, "I need to go to sleep." Sheesh.

These are just the ones I've taken the moment to go jot down in my calendar. I really should be more diligent.

I'm also a bit behind in pictures, because our computer is a bit on the blink. Posts may be a bit sporadic for a while, but stay tuned for some more fun videos soon. Ali actually loves seeing her videos on the blog and she agreed to sing for the camera the other day. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home