Happy Halloween
The weather last night was great and Ali was an adorable cow. We only sat on our porch for maybe 1/2 hour but it was plenty, maybe 30-40 visitors. About half of potential visitors passed us by b/c we were across the street from the main action, I guess. So, I told Ali to call out "Happy Halloween!" and to Moo at people. She did both vigorously. It was beyond cute. When the kids actually came, she got a little dumbstruck, but still did a good job of placing candy in their bags. It was cute, if a kid didn't move along after Ali put one in there, usually b/c they were checking out Ali the Cow, Ali would put another peace of candy in their bag. At this point the kids would turn to me and smile. I usually was able to give 'em a wink and sort of shoo them on so Ali would give to the next kid, but I think more than a few kids got two or three pieces last night.
Ali capped off the night with a special cookie treat given to her by our downstairs neighbors. I was actually a bit nervous/surprised that she liked it after the pink cake flop. Although you should know she still proudly tells people all the time about her pink cake, and even described the flowers last night to folks who asked how old she is. Apparently she was at least pleased with it visually. I'll take it.
By the way, I thought I might add a couple video explanations: Theo's pumpkin doesn't have any teeth, because he doesn't have any teeth. And, Ali was singing part of the "5 Little Pumpkins" song in the middle. Sadly she didn't want to sing much of it for the video. You'll have to trust me, it's cute. Especially with the motions.
And yes, the costume is homemade. In less than an hour. I was pretty pleased.

Ali capped off the night with a special cookie treat given to her by our downstairs neighbors. I was actually a bit nervous/surprised that she liked it after the pink cake flop. Although you should know she still proudly tells people all the time about her pink cake, and even described the flowers last night to folks who asked how old she is. Apparently she was at least pleased with it visually. I'll take it.
By the way, I thought I might add a couple video explanations: Theo's pumpkin doesn't have any teeth, because he doesn't have any teeth. And, Ali was singing part of the "5 Little Pumpkins" song in the middle. Sadly she didn't want to sing much of it for the video. You'll have to trust me, it's cute. Especially with the motions.
And yes, the costume is homemade. In less than an hour. I was pretty pleased.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home